Back to school...Caleb is now in 4th Grade, Caroline is in 3rd Grade, Joshua is in 1st Grade, and now Elisa Joy is a Kindergartener (K4)!
Sammy will be joining the ranks before we know it!
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Caroline's latest cursive writing
We're so proud of Caroline's progress in Kindergarten! Here is an example of her work--her capital I page
Joy, what writing curric. did you use with Caroline (to start out)? Or did you do a "cursive first" program?
Ingrid has been having such problems writing in Pre-K at school (did I tell you we are hs next year for sure???) I'm going to have to start her from scratch. I'm teaching both girls to read right now and she seems to be doing well with that...
Hi Steph- I'm so thrilled that you guys are going to homeschool- praise God! You will find it incredibly rewarding, I assure you!
For Caroline's writing...I started teaching her to write in manuscript just by default-- I would write her name out in "dots" that she could connect and then once she mastered her name, I then did this "dot" method for other words...she loves to write now and did back then. For cursive, I cannot take the credit on that, as even though I think it is a brilliant idea to teach cursive from the beginning, the credit goes to ABEKA. They believe that cursive should be taught from day one. If you think about it, it does make sense... I'll do a post on it, but until then see: http://www.abeka.com/Resources/PDFs/CursiveFly.pdf
2 comments:
Joy, what writing curric. did you use with Caroline (to start out)? Or did you do a "cursive first" program?
Ingrid has been having such problems writing in Pre-K at school (did I tell you we are hs next year for sure???) I'm going to have to start her from scratch. I'm teaching both girls to read right now and she seems to be doing well with that...
Hi Steph-
I'm so thrilled that you guys are going to homeschool- praise God! You will find it incredibly rewarding, I assure you!
For Caroline's writing...I started teaching her to write in manuscript just by default-- I would write her name out in "dots" that she could connect and then once she mastered her name, I then did this "dot" method for other words...she loves to write now and did back then.
For cursive, I cannot take the credit on that, as even though I think it is a brilliant idea to teach cursive from the beginning, the credit goes to ABEKA. They believe that cursive should be taught from day one. If you think about it, it does make sense...
I'll do a post on it, but until then see: http://www.abeka.com/Resources/PDFs/CursiveFly.pdf
Post a Comment